- Posted by Maddy Daley 04 Nov
- 0 Comments
Top DOD, State Dept., Industry Officials, Senators, National Security Experts, & Academics Assemble for Defense One’s Outlook 2020
Defense leaders and experts will explore what to expect in U.S. national security, the defense industry, technology, and threats.
Thursday, November 7; 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Conrad Hotel — Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C. (November 4, 2019) — Defense One, a leading provider of news and information to the national security and defense communities, will host its Defense Outlook 2020 event this Thursday, Nov. 7. National security and public policy leaders will gather at this year’s edition of Defense One’s annual policy summit to discuss the future of the geopolitical landscape, global threats, the defense industrial base, advanced technology, the upcoming elections’ effect on strategy and policy, and more.
The unique lineup of speakers, curated by Defense One’s Kevin Baron and Marcus Weisgerber, includes:
- R. Clarke Cooper, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, Department of State
- Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., United States Congress
- Sen. Chris Van Hollen D-MD, United States Congress
- Kristen Baldwin, Deputy Director for Strategic Technology Protection and Exploitation, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering
- Mina Chang, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations, Department of State
- Randall Schriver, Assistant Secretary for Indo-Pacific Security Affairs, Department of Defense
- Mark Munsell, Chief Technology Officer, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Casey Johnson, Digital Services Expert, Defense Digital Service
- Jon Alterman, Senior Vice President, Zbigniew Brzezinski Chair in Global Security and Geostrategy, and Director, Middle East Program, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Preston Dunlap, Chief Architect, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, U.S. Air Force
- Chandra Brown, Chief Executive Officer, MxD
- Jonathan Capehart, Opinion Writer and Member of the Editorial Board, The Washington Post; Host, the Cape Up podcast; Contributor, MSNBC
- Jennifer Chronis, General Manager, Department of Defense, Amazon Web Services
- Loren DeJonge Schulman, Deputy Director of Studies and the Leon E. Panetta Senior Fellow, Center for a New American Security (CNAS)
- Eric Fanning, President and Chief Executive Officer, Aerospace Industries Association
- Jane Harman, Director, President, and CEO, Wilson Center
- Richard Fontaine, Chief Executive Officer, Center for a New American Security (CNAS)
- Patricia Kim, Senior Policy Analyst, China, U.S. Institute of Peace
- Joshua Geltzer, Visiting Professor of Law, Georgetown University; former Senior Director for Counterterrorism, National Security Council
- Neal Orringer, President, Applied Science & Technology Research Organization (ASTRO) America
- Alex Marquardt, Senior National Correspondent, CNN
- Josh Rogin, Columnist, The Washington Post; Political Analyst, CNN
- Kori Schake, Deputy Director-General, International Institute for Strategic Studies
- Roman Schweizer, Managing Director, Cowen Washington Research Group
- Lexy Guenther, Cyber Program Manager, Leidos
- Rachel Stohl, Managing Director, Stimson
- Charles Harrington, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Parsons Corporation
- Mark A. Testoni, President, Chief Executive, and Board Member, SAP
- Mike Stone, Arms Industry Correspondent, Reuters News, Thomson Reuters
Media interested in attending the Outlook 2020 should email Madelaine Daley at firstname.lastname@example.org for credentials.
What: Outlook 2020
When: Thursday, November 7; 8:00 a.m. – 4:40 p.m.
Where: The Conrad Hotel (950 New York Ave NW, Washington, D.C. 20001)
The full agenda and additional details are available here: https://www.defenseone.com/feature/outlook-2020/#agenda
The Presenting Underwriters for Defense Outlook 2020 include Leidos and Amazon Web Services. Additional underwriters include DataRobot, SAP NS2, Salute to Veteran Services, Booz Allen Hamilton, Box, and SolarWinds.
About Defense One:
Defense One is a digital and events media brand informing the U.S. defense and national security leadership community by delivering news, breaking analysis, and ideas on the topics and trends defining the future of defense and national security. Produced by Government Executive Media Group of Atlantic Media, Defense One offers new voices and innovative, fearless commentary while providing national security leaders, influential professionals, stakeholders, and interested citizens across the defense spectrum with the information that they need to know.