- Posted by Frank Salatto 14 Jun
- 0 Comments
Route Fifty to Examine Southeast Florida’s Response to Climate Change and Immigration Challenges at Miami Roadshow Event
Event to convene local government officials working to help cities prepare for and adapt to major physical, social and economic changes
Tuesday, March 26, 2019 — 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EST
JW Marriott Marquis — Miami, FL
Washington, D.C. (March 19, 2019) – Route Fifty, the digital and events brand serving U.S. state and local governments as part of Atlantic Media’s Government Executive Media Group, will kick off its five-city 2019 Route Fifty Roadshow in Miami with “Building a Resilient Community in a Changing World,” which will explore how local governments in Southeast Florida are working to enhance their capacity to adapt and evolve in the face of growing environmental and social pressures.
The event will open with a keynote from Florida Department of Environmental Protection Secretary Noah Valenstein on the government’s role in preparing communities to adapt to changing environments, followed by panel discussions with Southeast Florida-based environmental planning and public works officials on strategies for addressing the region’s current and future challenges around climate change, immigration and infrastructure, and close with an exclusive interview with One Concern Chief Emergency Management Officer and former FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate. Other featured speakers include:
- Alan Dodd, Director of Resilience and Public Works Department, City of Miami
- Jennifer Jurado, Chief Resilience Officer & Director of Environmental Planning, Broward County
- Hardeep Anand, Deputy Director, Miami-Dade County Water and Sewer Department
- Jaap Donath, Senior Vice President, Research & Strategic Planning, Miami-Dade Beacon Council
- Dr. Alec Bogdanoff, President & Co-Founder, Brizaga
- Katie Hagemann, Resilience Program Manager, Adaption, Miami-Dade County
- Susanne Torriente, Chief Resilience Officer and Assistant City Manager, City of Miami Beach
- Greg West, President and Chief Executive Officer, ZOM Living and Chair, ULI Southeast Florida and Caribbean District Council
The event is open to the press.
WHEN: Tuesday, March 26; 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EST
WHERE: JW Marriott Marquis (255 Biscayne Bay Way, Miami, FL 33131)
The full agenda and additional details for the Route Fifty Roadshow event in Miami are available at https://www.routefifty.com/feature/rfrs-miami/.
The Elite Underwriter for the Route Fifty Roadshow is Guidehouse. The Supporting Underwriter is Zendesk.
About Route Fifty:
Route Fifty is a digital, business-to-business publication and events brand covering and connecting state, county, and city governments across the United States. Building on the success of Government Executive’s State & Local channel, launched in April 2015, Route Fifty is designed as a stand-alone brand serving the needs of state and local government managers with news, analysis, and tools to help them better serve their citizens.