- Posted by Maddy Daley 21 Jun
- 0 Comments
Top DOD, Intelligence, Counterterrorism, Acquisition Officials & Scientists Gather for 4th Annual Defense One Tech Summit
Space, China/5G, info wars, cyber, bodies, battlefield technologies and more — daylong event will explore advancements in technology, impacts on military tactics and strategy, and the possibilities for the next generation of warfare.
Thursday, June 27; 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Newseum — Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C. (June 25, 2018) — Defense One, the leading provider of news and information to the national security and defense communities, will host its fourth annual Defense One Tech Summit on Thursday, June 27. National security and technology leaders in government, military, industry, and academia will gather at the Washington, D.C. forum to explore the future of defense technology, including its role in the Trump administration’s declared era of great power competition.
With a special lineup curated by Defense One’s Technology Editor Patrick Tucker, speakers will explore the intersection of information technology and national security, next-generation U.S. military technology and aircrafts, emerging cyber threats, the future of intelligence gathering, and the Defense Department’s latest efforts to drive innovation. Among them:
- Sue Gordon, Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence, ODNI
- William Evanina, Director of the National Counterintelligence and Security Center, ODNI
- Kevin Fahey, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Department of Defense
- John Demers, Assistant Attorney General for National Security, Department of Justice
- Rep. Jim Cooper, D-Tenn., chairman, House Armed Services Subcommittee on Strategic Forces
- B. Edwin Wilson, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Cyber Policy, Department of Defense
- Lea Gabrielle, Special Envoy and Coordinator of the Global Engagement Center, Department of State
- Cynthia Bedell, Director Computational and Information Sciences Directorate, Army Research Laboratory
- Dr. Sarah Glaven, Research Biologist, U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
- Dr. Dimitra Stratis-Cullum, Essential Research Program Manager, Synthetic Biology, Army Research Laboratory, CCDC
- Christian Brose, Head of Strategy, Anduril Industries
- Dr. Justin Sanchez, Life Sciences Research Technical Fellow, Battelle
- Nicholas Nilan, Director of Product Development for Public Sector, Verizon
- Dr. Chelsea Sabo, Staff Software Engineer, Lockheed Martin
- Rocky Cole, Researcher, Jigsaw
- Olivia Gazis, Intelligence and National Security Reporter, CBS News
- Samuel Bendett, Research Analyst, International Affairs Group, Center for Naval Analyses
- Kara Frederick, Associate Fellow for the Technology and National Security Program, Center for a New American Security
- James Slider, Director of Special Projects, Drone Racing League
- Lt. Gen. Trey Obering, ret., Executive Vice President and Lead, Directed Energy at Booz Allen Hamilton; Former Director, Missile Defense Agency
- Sean Gallagher, IT Editor and National Security Editor, Ars Technical
- Greg Myers, VP of U.S. Federal Government, Microsoft
- Patrick Tucker, Technology Editor, Defense One
- Marcus Weisgerber, Global Business Editor, Defense One
This year’s Tech Summit again will feature the D Lab: interactive demonstrations that showcase the state-of-the-art technologies in defense. Exhibitors in the D Lab include Anduril, DAE, Dcode, DLT, goTenna, NetApp, Oracle, OWL, Pega, Pluralsight, Slingshot Aerospace, Stardog, Sonitus, and Trifacta.
Attendees are invited to join us for a post-event networking reception at the Newseum immediately following the Tech Summit.
Media interested in attending the Tech Summit should RSVP to Madelaine Daley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When: Thursday, June 27; 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: The Newseum (555 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, D.C. 20001)
The full event agenda and additional details are available here: https://www.defenseone.com/feature/tech-summit-2019/#agenda
The elite underwriters for the Defense One Tech Summit are Verizon and Lockheed Martin. The event is also underwritten by Akima, Amazon Web Services, Booz Allen Hamilton, Cisco, DataRobot, Digital Age Experts, DLT, Esri, goTenna, Leonardo DRS, NetApp, Oracle, Owl Cyber Defense, Pega, Pluralsight, Slingshot Aerospace, Space Foundation, Splunk, Stardog, and Trifacta. Partners include Govini and Dcode.
About Defense One:
Defense One is a digital and events media brand informing the U.S. defense and national security leadership community by delivering news, breaking analysis, and ideas on the topics and trends defining the future of defense and national security. Produced by Government Executive Media Group of Atlantic Media, Defense One offers new voices and innovative, fearless commentary while providing national security leaders, influential professionals, stakeholders, and interested citizens across the defense spectrum with the information that they need to know.