- Posted by Frank Salatto 14 Jun
- 0 Comments
DoD Joint AI Center Director Lt. Gen. Jack Shanahan Headlines Nextgov and Defense One’s 2nd Annual Genius Machines Summit
Event to explore the latest emerging defense technologies and their applications for future warfare
Thursday, March 28 — 8:00 – 12:00pm EST
The Ritz Carlton – Pentagon City, Arlington, VA
Washington, D.C. (March 26, 2019) — Department of Defense Joint Artificial Intelligence Center Director Lt. Gen. Jack Shanahan will sit down for an interview with Defense One Technology Editor Patrick Tucker on March 28 at Genius Machines: The New Age of Artificial Intelligence, Defense One and Nextgov’s annual forum on the advancement of artificial intelligence and machine learning in U.S. military strategy. Now in its second year, Genius Machines convenes government leaders, tech experts, researchers and thought leaders who are shaping the future of technological innovation in the defense sector.
Through exclusive interviews and panel discussions with some of the brightest minds across government and the tech industry, this year’s summit will explore the newest technical advancements, ethics in artificial intelligence, imminent global threats, and how the most important technology of the 21st century can help America’s military maintain a tactical edge on the battlefield. In addition to Lt. Gen. Shanahan, featured speakers include:
- Todd Myers, Automation Lead, CIO-T, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Dr. Brian Sadler, Senior Research Scientist (Intelligent Systems), Vehicle Technology Directorate, U.S. Combat Capabilities Development Command, Army Research Laboratory
- Harrison Smith, Acting Chief Procurement Officer, IRS
- Dr. John Beieler, Program Manager, Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA)
- Dr. Adam Cardinal-Stakenas, Chief, Data Science Research Division, National Security Agency’s Research Directorate
- Dr. Erwin Gianchandani, Deputy Assistant Director for Computer and Information Science and Engineering, National Science Foundation
- Mark Nehmer, Technical Director, Research & Development (R&D) and Technology Transfer, National Background Investigative Services, Program Executive Office, Defense Security Service
- Elsa Kania, Adjunct Senior Fellow, Technology and National Security Program, Center for a New American Security
- Joshua New, Senior Policy Analyst, Center for Data Innovation
- Lindsey Sheppard, Associate Fellow, International Security Program, Center for Strategic & International Studies
The event is open to the press.
WHEN: Thursday, March 28; 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EST
WHERE: The Ritz Carlton – Pentagon City (1250 South Hayes Street, Arlington, VA 22202)
The full agenda and additional details for Genius Machines 2019 are available at https://www.defenseone.com/feature/genius-machines-ai/.
The Elite Underwriter for Genius Machines: The New Age of Artificial Intelligence is Accenture. The Supporting Underwriters are Amazon Web Services and Space Foundation.
About Defense One:
Defense One is a digital and events media brand informing the U.S. defense and national security leadership community by delivering news, breaking analysis, and ideas on the topics and trends defining the future of defense and national security. Produced by Government Executive Media Group of Atlantic Media, Defense One offers new voices and innovative, fearless commentary while providing national security leaders, influential professionals, stakeholders, and interested citizens across the defense spectrum with the information that they need to know.
Nextgov is the go-to information resource for federal technology decision-makers. Nextgov’s editorial mission is to lead the national discussion about how technology and innovation are transforming the way government agencies serve citizens and perform vital functions. Produced by Government Executive Media Group of Atlantic Media, Nextgov offers a platform for influential thinkers across government, academia, and the private sector to provide fresh and provocative insights on key federal IT topics. Nextgov is led by Executive Editor Frank Konkel and Managing Editor Heather Kuldell.